Ethiopian Catholic Church-Social and Development Commission Spiritan community Outreach Ethiopia, (SCORE)
SCORE is a faith based organization operating in social development and humanitarian interventions in four woredas of Gamo zone, in one Woreda of South Omo zone in SNNPR and in five Woredas of Borana Zone in Oromiya region. The current intervention sectors include Livelihood enhancement, Conservation agriculture, WASH, health, education and women empowerment through integrated community based approach focusing on difficult to reach and marginalized communities.
SCORE would like to hire qualified and competent accountant for its Arba Minch Area office.
Job Title: Accountant
Job grade: XI
Basic Salary: 7,655.00
Duty station: Arba Minch Area Office
Job Summary: -Plans, and controls the smooth functioning of the area accounting and cash activities. Ensures the proper maintenance of accounting records of the area office on the basis of IPSAS/IFRS. The junior accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensures requests for payments to be made by cheque or out of the petty cash fund are on the basis of sufficient documentary evidences i.e. suppliers invoices, cash receipts, contracts etc.
- On satisfaction of the above prepares cheques and cheque payment vouchers, for approval by the Area Team Leader/coordinator
- ensures petty cash transactions are property completed by the petty cashier on the petty cash replenishment request form immediately payment is effected out of petty cash fund
- Ensures that cash collected by the cashier is deposited in tack and follows-up that deposit slips accompany all receipt vouchers made.
- Maintains records of unused accounting forms in the area to facilitate the chronological issue, which makes control over them cashier.
- Prepares bank reconciliation statement monthly and passes the necessary adjusting entry for positing.
- Ensures that the office maintains a proper and up to date fixed asset register.
- Ensure maintenance of full stock record of the inventory at the area ensures that bin cards are maintained and conducts surprise stock counts to ensure proper internal control over them and supervises the proper conduct of the day-to-day work of the store.
- Prepares monthly payroll based on monthly timesheet or attendance sheet, prepare the check for net pay, prepare cheque payment voucher and get them approved by respective Authority and arrange payment of salaries via bank
- Prepare financial utilization update monthly; quarterly share it with area technical staff and coordination office finance unit.
- Closes the books of account of the Area office and prepares annual financial statements, submits it to coordination office Finance unit.
- Follow up payment of personnel income taxes, withholding taxes, pension contributions and other government obligations to the appropriate government authority before due date.
- Pays at the end of each month the total amounts collected on account of provident fund via the payroll into the bank account opened for the purpose.
- Prepares periodic financial reports to the management and works out the variances between budget and actual expenditure and provides narrative reports to justify and submits it to the area Team leader.
- Prepare periodic financial report for donors and government line departments.
- Assists the technical staff in budget preparation.
- Discharge others duties assigned by his immediate supervisor and the management.
Education and Experience
BA Degree in accounting and finance
CGP/GPA 2.75 and above
3 years work experience in the same position /accountant/-NGO Experience is preferable
Female applicants will be appreciated
Skill training required
- Computer skill -Training on application 0f Accounting soft wares and MS applications like MS excel program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications are invited to submit updated CV, cover letter and copies of credentials to the following address:
ArbaMich area office, which is located the way to Arbaminch Catholic Church compound
Deadline February 26, 2021